Bar Clacson, the anticipated collaboration between Eric Alperin (The Varnish) and Richard Boccato (Dutch Kills, Fresh Kills), represents a space that’s both neighborhood-friendly and destination-worthy. Their eponymous spritz captures the aperitif-inspired, low-proof nature that carries throughout much of their opening drink list.
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce white wine simple syrup (1:1, white wine: granulated sugar)
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce vodka, preferably Absolut Elyx
- soda water, to top
Garnish: orange slice
- Shake all ingredients, save for the soda water, with a small piece of cracked ice.
- Strain mixture into one half of the shaker tin and top with soda water.
- Pour the drink into a chilled Collins glass over an ice spear, or ice cubes.