In her Cape Codder riff, Lauren Corriveau of New York’s Nitecap builds on a base of St. George California Citrus Vodka, plus cranberry shrub, tonic water and a few drops of saline solution.
- 2 ounces St. George California Citrus Vodka
- 3/4 ounce cranberry shrub (see Editor's Note)
- 3 drops salt solution (see Editor's Note)
- tonic water, to top
Garnish: lime wedge
- Combine all ingredients in a Collins glass over ice and stir.
- Top with tonic.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup frozen cranberries
Combine the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar and frozen cranberries in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stir then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved, occasionally crushing the cranberries to release their juices. Cool, strain, bottle and refrigerate. Will keep for up to one month.
75 grams water
25 grams sea salt
Mix until the salt is dissolved.