With Champagne as the base for this riff on the classic cobbler riff, all that’s needed is little citrus. Dan Greenbaum says: “It’s a little more delicate, you don’t want to overpower with other flavors.” Don’t be surprised if some of the carbonation seems to deflate, he adds, yielding “a drink you drink pretty quickly.”
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 orange half-wheel
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces Champagne
Garnish: lemon half-wheel, orange half-wheel, mint
- Add the lemon, orange and simple syrup to a mixing tin and muddle.
- Add the Champagne and swirl briefly.
- Dump the contents of the tin into a chilled Collins glass.
- Fill glass 3/4 full with pebble or crushed ice and mix briefly with a spoon or metal straw to integrate.
- Garnish with fruit and a mint sprig.