Hayley Wilson created Color in Your Cheeks to highlight how well Fernet-Branca can play with citrus. The Fernet is bolstered by Vermont maple syrup and Laird’s Applejack Brandy to create a silky-smooth sour with a bitter bite on the end. “I think the Applejack brings some much-needed proof to this drink, while the maple syrup adds body and depth,” says Wilson “This is such a great fall cocktail that captures the flavors of the seasons changing in New England.”
- 1 1/4 ounces Fernet-Branca
- 1/2 ounce applejack, preferably Laird's
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce grade A Vermont maple syrup
- 1/2 ounce egg white
Garnish: apple fan
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and dry shake without ice for approximately 20 seconds.
- Add ice and shake again until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an apple fan on the rim of the glass.