Most Daiquiris are shaken, but this unusual, vibrantly-hued variation is stirred. Brian Miller says that’s in homage to late bar legend Sasha Petraske, who suggested the technique would yield a silky rather than frothy texture.
Brian Miller, The Polynesian | New York
- 1 ounce pineapple-infused rum (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 ounce white rum, preferably El Dorado 3 Year
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 1 teaspoon orgeat, preferably Orgeat Works HD
- 1 dash ube extract
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with orchid.
Combine rum, preferably Barbancourt White Rhum, with pineapple slices in a sealed container for 7 to 10 days. Strain.