This twist on an Old-Fashioned recalls campfire s’mores thanks to mezcal infused with Corn Pops (yes, the cereal), Mellow Corn and cacao bitters.
- 1 ounce Corn Pop–infused mezcal (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 ounce Mellow Corn whiskey
- 1 barspoon rich Demerara syrup (2:1, Demerara sugar to water)
- 3 dashes Bittercube Chipotle Cacao bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass.
Corn Pop–Infused Mezcal
1 liter espadín mezcal, preferably Granja Nomada
70 grams Corn Pops cereal
1. Combine both ingredients, cover and let sit overnight at room temperature.
2. Pass through a mesh strainer or a colander.
3. Store, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.