Light and refreshing, Alex Negranza’s Cornucopia takes its lead from the Pimm’s Cup. With its autumnal flavors, it’s meant to be a pre-dinner cooler. “The goal here was to create a cocktail that was not so heavy, both in ABV [and] flavor,” says Negranza. Pairing the sprightly flavor of L’Aperitivo Nonino and the spicy, floral notes of Amaro Nonino, this long drink is brought together with a rich, cinnamon-tinged brown sugar syrup and a touch of lemon.
Alex Negranza | Anvil Bar & Refuge, Houston
- 1 1/2 ounces L’Aperitivo Nonino Botanical Drink
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon–brown sugar (2:1 ratio of brown sugar to water, with a cinnamon stick to infuse)
- 1/2 ounce Amaro Nonino
- Prosecco, to top
Garnish: apple or pear slices and mint sprig
- Add all ingredients to a shaker tin with ice and shake well.
- Double-strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Garnish with fanned fresh fruit slices and a mint sprig.