An easy-drinking cocktail—it’s Dorman’s favorite shift drink—the Crown Chelsea uses a base of bourbon mixed with just a hint of rum. It also employs orgeat syrup as a sweetener, adding a nutty richness that complements the barrel notes of the bourbon. The allspice dram, meanwhile, amps up the baking spice notes of the other ingredients, while keeping the sweetness in balance.
- 1½ ounces Elijah Craig Small Batch
- ½ ounce Guyanese aged rum
- 1 teaspoon orgeat
- 1 teaspoon St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: orange twist, orange peel spiked with cloves
- Combine ingredients in a double Old-Fashioned glass.
- Add one large ice cube and stir approximately 20 times.
- Express an orange peel over the drink and discard.
- Garnish with another orange peel, spiked with cloves.