When creating this wine-based aperitif, Lauren Corriveau of New York’s Nitecap was inspired by her ideal white wine: “It’s dry, crisp, vegetal and refreshing. You could drink a bottomless glass, or be in no rush to finish it at all. And obviously, bubbles make everything better.” Alongside Salers and fennel liqueur, the addition of St-Germain brings out the inherent floral elements of the drink.
- 2 ounces dry white wine, preferably sauvignon blanc
- 3/4 ounce Salers
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 1/4 ounce fennel liqueur, preferably Don Ciccio & Figli
- 1 dash Terra Spice eucalyptus extract
- 2 dashes citric acid solution (see Editor's Note)
- 1 1/4 ounces sparkling water
Garnish: cucumber ribbon
- Combine all ingredients in a wine glass over ice.
- Stir to integrate.
- Garnish with cucumber ribbon.
Citric Acid Solution:
3 1/2 ounces citric acid
14 ounces filtered water
Combine and mix until dissolved.