At a recent blind Grasshopper tasting, the most traditional of Grasshoppers, created by the most classic of cocktail bartenders, prevailed. Dale DeGroff won with his blend of one ounce of Marie Brizard green Creme de Menthe, one ounce Tempus Fugit crème de cacao and 1 ½ ounces of heavy cream, served in a Nick & Nora-style coupe and garnished with shaved chocolate. The panel found it just right in appearance, texture and balance of flavor.
- 1 ounce green crème de menthe, preferably Marie Brizard
- 1 ounce crème de cacao, preferably Tempus Fugit
- 1 1/2 ounces heavy cream
Garnish: shaved chocolate
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate.