In our recent blind tasting of nearly 20 Whiskey Sours, Dan Sabo’s unorthodox addition of a half-ounce of orange juice to the classic construction earned it the top spot.
- 2 ounces Rittenhouse Rye 100 Proof
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce rich simple syrup, (2:1, sugar:water)
- 1 egg white
Garnish: orange half-wheel, brandied cherry
- Add all ingredients to a mixing tin and dry shake.
- Add ice and shake again until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a rocks glass and garnish with an orange half-wheel and a brandied cherry.