Whole pomegranate seeds brighten up this grenadine, lending vibrant fruit flavor atop a base of reduced pomegranate juice and dark pomegranate molasses. It’s made aromatic with orange flower water, while mint contributes a freshness and lift.
Yield: 2 quarts
- 1 quart pomegranate juice
- 1 quart white sugar
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces pomegranate molasses
- 1 ounce orange blossom water
- 1/2 mint bunch
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 ounce high-proof vodka, preferably Absolut 100
- Combine the pomegranate juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, pomegranate molasses, orange zest and orange blossom water.
- Bring to a low boil, then remove from heat.
- Add mint and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, add the vodka and salt. Strain.
- Stored in the refrigerator, this grenadine will keep at least two weeks.