This drink for two is bottled, chilled in the freezer and served with dramatic flourish: a tray arrives bearing the drink, along with a candle, a small bowl of smoked almonds and a choice of brandied cherries and orange knots, for the guest to garnish their drink as they see fit. “A whisper” of two nut-based liqueurs, Frangelico and walnut-y Nocino, add nuanced sweetness.
- 3 1/2 ounces rye, preferably Knob Creek
- 1 1/2 ounces Punt e Mes
- 1/2 ounce Vicario Nocino
- 1/2 ounce Frangelico
- 4 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: brandied cherries, orange peels twisted into a knot
- Combine all ingredients in a bottle.
- Shake to combine, then store the bottle in the freezer.
- To serve, divide the contents of the bottle between two Nick & Nora glasses.
- Garnish each drink with a brandied cherry and orange peel knot.