The Let’s Go Disco & Cocktail Club in Los Angeles, a new bar from Lee Zaremba and the team behind De La Nonna’s Pizza, channels a late 1970s and ’80s Italian discoteca with drinks like the Garibaldi Spritz and the Fizz Italiano, served in a dusty rose-colored stucco space that will houses a DJ booth, vinyl-filled shelves, a 24-foot green marble bar and Mario Bellini–style sofas. Alongside the expected Italian-inspired drinks are a few twists on classics, like this bright, kiwi-tinged take on the Daiquiri built on two types of rum.
- 1 1/2 ounces 3-year-old rum
- 1/2 ounce rhum agricole
- 1 ounce kiwi syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
Garnish: freshly grated black lime or a lime twist
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with freshly grated black lime or a lime twist.
1 cup cold simple syrup
3 peeled kiwis
Combine the ingredients in a blender and blend on low so as not to pulverize the seeds. Pour into a container and let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Strain out the solids the next day.