Belonging to a class of cocktails that might best be described as minor classics, the Darkside, a mixture of gin, Barolo Chinato and Peychaud’s bitters, enjoys a reputation in Washington, D.C., where bartender Adam Bernbach created it in 2008. But step outside the Beltway and is has little traction at all.
- 2 1/4 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 3/4 ounce Barolo chinato
- 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
Garnish: brandied cherry
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a brandied cherry.
A mixture of gin, Barolo chinato and Peychaud’s bitters.