A thoroughly modern smash starring amaro, bolstered by rum, and brightened with fresh strawberries and lemon.
Darryl Strawberry (at the Yankees)
Robin Guzman | New York City
- 1 1/2 ounces Amaro Montenegro
- 1/2 ounce lightly aged rum, preferably Real McCoy 3 year
- 1/2 ounce rich demerara syrup (2:1, demerara sugar:water)
- 3 lemon wedges
- 1 whole strawberry
- Soda water, to top
Garnish: lemon slice and strawberry
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients and muddle the fruit.
- Dry shake without ice, then pour into a rocks glass.
- Top with cracked ice and soda water.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and strawberry.