“I like the salty apple tang that a splash of Manzanilla offers in addition to it also translating to chamomile in Spanish,” says Chantal Tseng of her Sherry Cobbler variation. “This version plays with my geographic location as well, with the D in Diego and the C in Cigarrera.”
DC Summer Cobbler
Chantal Tseng | Washington, D.C.
- 2 1/2 ounces amontillado sherry, preferably Tío Diego
- 1/2 ounce manzanilla sherry, preferably La Cigarrera
- 1/2 ounce chamomile-honey syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 orange slice, quartered
- Add all ingredients in a shaker with a few cubes of cracked ice and shake for 5 seconds.
- Double-strain contents into a chilled rocks or highball glass and fill with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a large bunch of fresh mint, seasonal berries and grated orange zest.
- Serve with a straw.