This “workshopped” version of The Dead Rabbit’s Irish Coffee varies only slightly from the original version served at the bar, showcasing a light-bodied whiskey and slightly richer sugar syrup than previously used. The glassware is key: Dead Rabbit uses a six-ounce tulip-shaped glass to showcase the drink.
- 1 1/4 ounces blended Irish whiskey, preferably Clontarf
- scant 1/2 ounce rich demerara syrup, (2:1, sugar:water)
- 3 1/2 ounces coffee
- 1 ounce heavy cream, to top
- In a six-ounce glass, stir together the whiskey, demerara syrup and hot coffee.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream until the bubbles disappear and the consistency thickens a bit.
- Pour the cream over the top of the drink.