The name of this drink literally means “of the grapefruit,” explains Teague. “Though it has no juice, it seems juicy,” thanks to the combo of Citron Sauvage, a grapefruit-based liqueur, Aperol and grapefruit bitters. Although Amor y Amargo serves this drink on draft, we suggest stealing the presentation of another drink served there, the Sharpie Mustache: funnel it into a glass flask, cap tightly and chill. When ready to serve, remove the cap and insert the grapefruit twist into the flask neck for extra aroma and visual impact.
- 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila, preferably Olmeca Altos
- 3/4 ounce Cocchi Americano
- ½ ounce Aperol
- 1/4 ounce Citron Sauvage
- 1/2 ounce water
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters, preferably Bittermens Hopped Grapefruit Bitters
Garnish: grapefruit peel
- Funnel all of the ingredients into a flask.
- Cap tightly and chill.
- When ready to serve, remove the cap and insert grapefruit peel into the flask neck.