Based on a Vesper and named for one of the few James Bond films in which he actually orders it, this restrained drink marries the berry-fruit of Aperol to cherry eau-de-vie from Portland, Oregon’s Clear Creek. “Everything else is about dynamic duos dancing,” explains Fu, “the salinity of Lustau Fino La Jarana and citrus peel of blanc vermouth, a touch of Grey Goose vodka and gin for crispness.”
- 1 1/4 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 3/4 ounce cream sherry, preferably Alvear Pale Cream
- 3/4 ounce vodka, preferably Grey Goose
- 1/2 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably Martini & Rossi
- 1/4 ounce cherry brandy, preferably Clear Creek Kirschwasser
- 1 teaspoon Aperol
- 2 dashes "Feegans" bitters (1:1, Regans' orange bitters: Fee Brothers orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.