In this play on a classic digestivo, the combination of the natural rosé with the tannins from the teas and the fruitiness of strawberry and hibiscus are accentuated and intensified with oaky, vanilla notes, which come from the cocktail’s Cognac base.
Yield: 1 28-ounce bottle
- 8 ounces rosé, preferably biodynamic or natural
- 6 ounces plum eau de vie
- 3 ounces Cognac
- 6 ounces hibiscus and oolong tea (see Editor's Note)
- 4 ounces strawberry jam (preservative free)
- Dissolve the jam in the tea whilst still hot, then filter through tea strainer.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine, then transfer to glass bottles or into a small, well-used barrel, to age for one month or more.
- Chill the finished cocktail, then pour into frozen sherry glasses.
- Garnish with a a fresh-cut strawberry.
Hibiscus and Oolong Tea:
8 ounces boiling water
1/2 ounce dried hibiscus flowers
1 teaspoon oolong tea
Combine ingredients together in a jug and allow the mixture to steep for 4 minutes before passing through a tea strainer.