Fanny Chu turns drinking dictums on their head with this tall rendition of a dirty Martini. In addition to the expected olive brine, Chu adds a measure of manzanilla sherry for a different kind of salinity.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Amass
- 3/4 ounce blanc vermouth
- 3/4 ounce manzanilla sherry
- 1/4 ounce olive brine
- Tonic water, to top (preferably Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic)
Garnish: olive, lemon twist
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a highball glass with ice.
- Top with tonic water.
- Briefly stir once to integrate the ingredients.
- Garnish with an olive and a lemon twist.