Dan Watson’s drier take on the Piña Colada leans on Wray & Nephew and dry sherry to balance the sweetness of both pineapple juice and Coco Lopez cream of coconut. “I love how the Wray & Nephew dries out the Lopez in this drink,” explains Watson.
- 1/2 ounce cream of coconut, preferably Coco Lopez
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce falernum, preferably Maggie's Farm
- 1 ounce manzanilla or fino sherry
- 1 ounce Wray & Nephew white overproof rum
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a glass of your choice over crushed ice.