At Satan’s Whiskers, Kevin Armstrong serves the modern classic Dry Daiquiri that he originally created at Match Bar in 2005. The riff on the rum sour introduces bitter Campari and a “dash of pash”—Armstrong’s signature touch of passion fruit syrup—to the drink, which has become a favorite among London bartenders.
Kevin Armstrong | London
- Heavy 1 1/4 ounces lightly aged rum, preferably Havana Club 3 Year
- Heavy 1/4 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 dash passion fruit syrup
Garnish: flamed orange twist (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously to chill and dilute, then strain into a frozen coupette glass.
- Garnish with a flamed orange twist (optional).