Chris Amirault describes this cocktail as “a White Russian inspired by clarified milk punch.” The name of the drink pays homage to the central character of The Big Lebowski, who famously swills White Russians throughout the 1998 film.
Servings: 14 to 18
- 1 750-ml bottle mezcal, preferably Mal Bien
- 1 tablespoon loose leaf Wuyi Oolong Tea
- 2 cups coffee liqueur, preferably Mr. Black
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1 2/3 cups whole milk
- 3 1/3 cups añejo tequila, preferably El Tesoro
- 1 1/2 ounces Ancho Reyes
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Combine all ingredients (except bitters) and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Spin in centrifuge at 4500 rpm for 15 minutes. (Alternatively, strain through coffee filter lined with cheesecloth until the mixture is clarified.)
- For a single serve, pour 3 ounces into a coffee mug or rocks glass over a big piece of ice. Stir for 15 revolutions and add 1 dash of Angostura bitters.
1 vanilla bean (split)
1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
Add vanilla bean to water and bring to a boil. Strain out solids. Add sugar and stir until completely incorporated. Allow to cool.