“This is a cocktail where I get to poke a bit of fun at my most amazing city and its juice and wellness craze,” says Christine Wiseman of the coconut water and curry-turmeric-infused cocktail. Tequila forms the base of the crushed-ice drink, complemented by passion fruit liqueur and lime juice. “People go crazy over it.”
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila, preferably Olmeca Altos
- 3/4 ounce passion fruit liqueur, preferably Chinola
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 1/2 ounce curry-turmeric cordial (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: dehydrated coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with dehydrated coconut flakes.
3 quarts sugar
2 quarts water
4 tablespoons curry powder
2 tablespoons turmeric powder
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until incorporated.