Leanne Favre describes her Elote Cobbler as “savory and indulgent,” an apt description for a drink that is spirit-forward and richly textured. A base of corn-forward bourbon is complemented by the baking spice and earthy notes of reposado tequila, paired with unsalted oat milk, orgeat and a splash of lemon juice. The signature savory element comes courtesy of a salted corn syrup that lends body to the finished drink.
- 1 1/4 ounces bourbon, preferably Elijah Craig
- 1/2 ounce reposado tequila, preferably Calle
- 1 1/2 ounces salted corn syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1 ounce unsweetened oat milk
- 1/2 ounce lemon
- 1/4 ounce orgeat, preferably T’orgeat
Garnish: corn husk leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a beer glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a corn husk leaf.
Salted Corn Syrup:
2 cups cooked corn kernels (off the cob)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in Vitamix and blend until completely incorporated. Strain through a fine nut milk bag.