Where many modern Negroni recipes start with an ounce and a half of gin, this version uses equal parts of all ingredients. “Cap Corse Rouge, a quinquina from Corsica, provides a dusty, earthy dryness that compliments the bitter in the Campari, harkening back to the original formulation of the popular aperitif,” notes Jim Kearns.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce gin, preferably Tanquery No. Ten
- 1 ounce quinquina, preferably L.N. Mattei Cap Corse Rouge
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with orange twist.