Coming in third in our recent blind Hemingway Daiquiri tasting was Erick Castro of Polite Provisions in San Diego, whose recipe included a two-ounce shot of a rum blend of Caña Brava three-year-old and rhum agricole.
Erick Castro’s Hemingway Daiquiri
Erick Castro, Polite Provisions | San Diego, CA
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum, preferably Caña Brava
- 1/2 ounce rhum agricole, preferably Clément Première Canne
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur, preferably Luxardo
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.