Erik Adkins’ restrained recipe for the Whiskey Sour earned it the second spot in our recent blind tasting of nearly 20 takes on the classic cocktail. According to panelist Karen Fu, “This is what you think of as a traditional Whiskey Sour.”
Erik Adkins’ Whiskey Sour
Erik Adkins, Slanted Door Group | San Francisco
- 2 ounces Buffalo Trace Straight Bourbon
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1/2 ounce egg white
- Combine all ingredients to the a mixing tin, and dry shake.
- Add four Kold Draft ice cubes to the tin, and shake until chilled.
- Fine strain into a coupe.