Part of a new menu inspired by early ’90s TV shows and movies, this take on the New York Sour relies on Frangelico, a hazelnut liqueur, to add a pleasingly nutty scent and rich texture. Also in the mix is Tattersall Orange Crema, a bold orange liqueur made by Tattersall Distillers in Minneapolis, but orange Curaçao can be substituted.
- 1 ounce bourbon, preferably George Remus
- 1 ounce orange liqueur , preferably Tattersall Orange Crema
- 1/4 ounce Frangelico
- 1/4 ounce St. George Spirits Bruto Americano
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce malbec syrup (see Editor's Note)
Garnish: orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Express the orange peel over the top of the drink, then garnish with orange peel.
To make Malbec syrup, stir together equal parts room-temperature Malbec wine and sugar. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved. Let the mixture sit for four hours before using.