The nonalcoholic Negroni has become a bartender flex. At Brother Wolf in Knoxville, Tennessee, Jessica King’s take on the Italian aperitivo classic calls on Seedlip Spice 94 in gin’s place, San Pellegrino Sanbittèr instead of Campari and Versin N/A Vermouth in for sweet vermouth. Though Sanbittèr is lightly effervescent, stirring with just an ounce of the soda yields a still cocktail.
Jessica King | Knoxville, Tennessee
- 1 ounce Seedlip Spice 94
- 1 ounce Versin N/A Vermouth
- 1 ounce San Pellegrino Sanbittèr
- 2 dashes orange oil (Brother Wolf uses NOW Foods essential oil)
Garnish: orange wheel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, then add ice and stir.
- Strain over fresh ice in a double rocks glass and garnish with an orange wheel.