This simple serve of feni, a pre-industrial spirit made from cashew fruit, with lemon-lime soda is enjoyed by most Goans daily, at their home or taverns. It can also be made with urak, a lighter, lower-proof version of feni.
Shraddha Ghadge, Goenche, The Goan Kitchen | Pune, India
- 2 ounces feni, preferably Spirit of India Cashew Feni
- 3 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 ounce soda water
- 1 squeeze of lime
- 1 pinch of salt
Garnish: slit green chile
- Pour the feni into a highball glass with a few ice cubes.
- Top with lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite.
- Add a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with a slit green chile.