Mole bitters “are just so versatile,” says Sean Umstead, co-owner of Kingfisher in Durham, North Carolina. While typically seen alongside agave spirits, here, the bitters accent the caramel notes of Scotch and rich crème de cacao in a celebratory, sparkling wine–topped drink.
- 1/2 ounce blended Scotch, preferably Famous Grouse
- 1/2 ounce crème de cacao
- 1/2 ounce Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- 4 dashes mole bitters
- off-dry sparkling wine, to top
- Combine the first four ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir very lightly to chill.
- Strain into a flute, then top with sparkling wine.