Toby Maloney describes this drink as “one of my favorite The Violet Hour classics, a great call for anyone asking for a spicy Margarita.” Because making a syrup using jalapeños or any dried pepper can yield inconsistent results, Maloney turned instead to green Tabasco. The green pepper notes of the hot sauce draw out similar ones in the tequila, while the vanilla of the Licor 43 bridges the gap between the heat and the sweet pineapple juice, he adds.
Toby Maloney | Chicago
- 2 ounces blanco tequila, preferably Lunazul
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 9 drops Fee Brothers Old Fashion Aromatic Bitters
- 9 drops Tabasco Green Jalapeño Sauce
Garnish: lime wheel
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 5 ice cubes and shake until chilled.
- Strain over fresh ice into a double Old-Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.