This frothy gin sour is inspired by the profile of Fords Gin and adds floral interest twice: first with an infused simple syrup made with dried lavender, then on top of the drink via an elegant garnish of crème de violette liqueur.
- 1 1/2 ounces Fords Gin
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Skinos Mastiha liqueur
- ½ ounce lavender simple syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 egg white
Garnish: crème de violette
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Shake until chilled and strain to remove ice.
- Shake again, without ice.
- Double strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Garnish with crème de violette, dotted over top of drink from a dropper bottle.
Lavender Simple Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon dried lavender, tied in a cheesecloth sachet
Bring the water to a boil. Add sugar and lavender and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove sachet and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Strain into an airtight container and cover. The syrup will keep, refrigerated, for two weeks.