“The crisp, refreshing flavor of cucumber plays well with a multitude of profiles—from vegetal and herbaceous drinks to those with more fruity and floral character,” says Lauren Corriveau. Her brandy and blanc vermouth spritz-inspired Flowers & You incorporates Fever-Tree Cucumber Tonic with a homemade grapefruit cordial and rosewater.
Flowers & You
Lauren Corriveau, Nitecap | New York
- 2 ounces blanc vermouth, preferably La Quintinye Blanc Vermouth Royal
- 1/2 ounce Cobrafire Blanche d'Armagnac
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit cordial (see Editor's Note)
- 2 drops rosewater
- 2 ounces Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light Cucumber Tonic Water
Garnish: half-wheel slice of grapefruit
- Combine all the ingredients in a wine glass filled with ice.
- Lightly stir and garnish with a half-wheel slice of grapefruit.
2 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
2 1/2 cups white sugar
peels of one whole grapefruit
In a large glass vessel with cover or lid, combine the grapefruit juice and sugar, and stir until dissolved.
Remove peel from grapefruit using a Y-peeler. Add peels to the juice/sugar mixture.
Cover and let sit for 24 hours, then strain. Keeps refrigerated for up to one month.