This winter drink, whose name is taken from a line in Hamlet—Act 4, Scene 5—when Ophelia references the rosemary in her bouquet, is a play on the Corpse Reviver No. 2. The addition of the bitter aperitivo liqueur, Gran Classico, grapefruit juice, Lillet Rosé and bianco vermouth are blended together with two dashes of grapefruit bitters, mimicking the herbal quality of rosemary. To top off the aromatic mix, the drink is garnished with rosemary (which is said to help memory) and a twist of lemon.
- 1 ounce Gran Classico
- 1 ounce Lillet Rosé
- 1 ounce bianco vermouth
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
Garnish: sprig of rosemary and a lemon twist
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled couple or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a lemon twist.