Imagine a Manhattan—rich, dark and spicy—but with a layer of chocolate nudged in between the whiskey and the bitters. This is Sean Hoard’s Fox River, which takes an American classic and dresses it up in a fur stole of homemade crème de cacao and a dash of luxurious demerara syrup.
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye
- 1/2 ounce crème de cacao, Teardrop's DIY recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon rich demerara syrup(2:1, demerara sugar: water)
- 2 dashes peach bitters
Garnish: lemon peel
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain over a large rock into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.