Houston-based bar owner Pasha Morshedi wanted to create a drink that channeled sunshine and a leisurely French lifestyle. Floral St-Germain, grassy rhum agricole, tarragon and an edible flower garnish represent a plant, from stem to leaves to blossom. This drink, he says, “is complex and full of an array of flavors, but is still a bit light and as carefree as a glass of lemonade.”
Pasha Morshedi, Rosewater Clear Lake | Houston
- 1 1/2 ounces St-Germain
- 1 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin Vermouth de Chambery Dry
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Rhum JM Blanc Agricole
- 1 barspoon absinthe, preferably Jade 1901
- 1 1/2 ounces Fever-Tree Lemon Tonic
Garnish: Fresh tarragon and edible flowers
- Combine all ingredients, except the soda water, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a 10-ounce wine glass over ice.
- Top with lemon tonic.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon and edible flowers.