When a supermodel asked him to create a drink that would “wake her up, then fuck her up,” Dick Bradsell famously created the Espresso Martini. This frozen riff on the modern classic calls on a mixture of coconut cream and coconut milk to balance the intensity of Borghetti Espresso Liqueur and adds a final bracing kick by way of a Fernet-Branca float.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Caffe Borghetti Espresso Liqueur
- 1 ounce coconut mix (3:1, Coco Lopez:coconut milk)
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Fernet-Branca float (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with a Fernet-Branca float.