At Holiday in Austin, Texas, Erin Ashford reimagines the Mexican Martini as a frozen cocktail. The recipe starts out like any other frozen Margarita, but it gets an olive brine float. Ashford uses the brine from Castelvetrano olives for this drink. “It’s saltier than other brines,” she says. “Plus, you get the perfect snack to pair with your cocktail.”
- 2 ounces blanco tequila, preferably LALO
- 3/4 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce Rose’s Lime Juice
- 1/2 ounce rich simple syrup (2:1, sugar to water)
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce olive brine
Garnish: straw, 3 green olives on a cocktail skewer, salt rim (optional)
- Prepare a cactus goblet or other stemmed glass with a half salt rim, if using.
- Combine all ingredients except olive brine in a blender and add ice.
- Blend on low power for 5 seconds, then blend on high for 10 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared glass.
- Float olive brine over the top of the drink.
- Garnish with a straw and the cocktail skewer with olives.