Originally created in the 1940s the Moscow Mule is a delectable mix of vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. Named in homage to vodka’s Russian roots, this frozen riff sticks closely to tradition and the recipe remains almost entirely unchanged. The sole addition is ice, which transforms the Moscow Mule from a classic cocktail to a very cold classic cocktail.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces ginger beer (preferably Fever Tree or Fentimans)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
Garnish: lime wheel
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Add ice and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a copper mug and garnish with a lime wheel.
Start with less ice; add more as you blend until you've achieved your preferred texture.