Following in the footsteps of the Piña Colada, which was given the frozen treatment in the 1950s, and the Margarita, which got slushed in the ‘70s, the Sherry Cobbler is the latest drink to be tossed in the blender. Rob Kreuger’s three-ingredient version hews close to the simplicity of the original, but replaces the traditional garnish—fresh berries and mint—with a brandied cherry and an orange half-wheel.
Frozen Sherry Cobbler
Rob Krueger, Extra Fancy | Brooklyn, NY
- 3 ounces amontillado sherry
- 1 ounce oleo saccharum, preferably Cocktail & Sons
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
Garnish: orange slice, preserved cherry
- Combine all ingredients in blender with the crushed ice.
- Blend until smooth and serve in a glass of your choice.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a preserved cherry.