Though this West Texas spritz has been a favorite at the Gage Hotel’s Buffalo Bar in Marathon, Texas for many years, operations manager Phillip Moellering says it was only officially added to the cocktail menu in 2010. Naranja orange liqueur rounds the drink with a juicy sweetness, but Mollering says the Gage’s secret ingredient is “the extra lime and the colorful company it is enjoyed in.”
Gage Hotel Ranch Water
Gage Hotel | Marathon, TX
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila, preferably Pura Vida
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur, preferably Pura Vida Naranja
- 4 ounces Topo Chico sparkling mineral water
Garnish: lime wedge
- Add tequila, lime, orange liqueur and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Top with Topo Chico and garnish with a lime wedge.