At Gage & Tollner, a house brine gives the bar’s dirty Martinis their olive-like tang. The dirty Martini can be made with gin or vodka; this variation uses Tito’s vodka.
- 2 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Tito’s vodka
- 1/2 ounce house brine (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/2 ounce dirty vermouth (see Editor’s Note)
- Stir all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an olive.
To make dirty vermouth: Combine 2 parts dry vermouth (preferably Dolin Dry) with 1 part fino sherry (preferably Tío Pepe).
To make house brine: Combine 93.5% water, 5.20% kosher salt and 1.30% lactic acid, by weight.