Somewhere between a Southside and a Gimlet, this savory cocktail combines crisp summer cucumbers with cooling mint and gin. (It’s creators Eric Prum and Josh Williams use their own homemade gin.) A verdant and aromatic lime-green drink, the Garden Star may or may not count as a daily serving of vegetables.
- 4 1/2 ounces gin
- 3 ounces lime juice
- 4 cubes sugar, or 3 ounces simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 6 slices cucumber
- 2 sprigs mint
Garnish: cucumber slice
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle sugar cubes or simple syrup with the cucumber slices and mint.
- Add gin, lime juice and ice, and shake until well chilled.
- Double-strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber.