Jose Cordon’s Garibaldi Spritz marries the simplicity of the classic Garibaldi with the refreshing familiarity of a bubbly spritz, with a focus on fresh California citrus and a custom bitter blend that allows for more control of the bitter and sweet components of the drink. “The Garibaldi is such a simple cocktail, but the fact that it really relies on the quality of the ingredients is what makes it so beautiful,” says Cordon.
- 1 1/2 ounces Bitter Blend (1/2 ounce each of Contratto Aperitivo, Mezzodi Aperitivo and Bruto Americano)
- 2 1/2 ounces Orange Juice Blend (equal parts fresh Primavera tangerine juice and Murcott mandarin juice)
- 2 1/2 ounces prosecco, preferably a drier, sharp prosecco like Gambino Gold)
Garnish: orange slice
- Combine all ingredients in a wine glass over ice and stir to incorporate.
- Garnish with orange slice and serve with a paper straw.
If you don't have access to these specific types of citrus for this cocktail, Cordon advises you taste out other types of citrus to find a complementary balance of floral, sweetness and acidity.