Inspired by a Michelada variation from the now-shuttered New York bar Mayahuel, Natasha David turns the recipe into a refreshing and smoky cocktail. “It’s the perfect partner to an extravagant snack setup,” writes David.
Get It Done
Natasha David | New York City
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 12-ounce bottles Mexican lager, such as Modelo Especial
- 4 ounces fresh pineapple juice
- 3 ounces Ancho Reyes chile liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces agave nectar
Garnish: 7 lime wheels, plus more to garnish each glass
- In a pitcher filled halfway with cubed ice, add the beer and let settle.
- In a large shaker, or working in batches with a small shaker, combine the pineapple juice, chile liqueur, lime juice and agave nectar.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into the pitcher with the beer.
- Fill pitcher with more ice, and stir to incorporate ingredients.
- Garnish with lime wheels.