At Raines Law Room and her other venues, Meaghan Dorman has developed a reputation for streamlined cocktails and elegant presentation. Her take on the Jungle Bird, which swaps in Ancho Reyes for Campari—alongside a kick of ancho chili powder—fits right in.
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce rum, preferably Appleton Reserve
- 1 ounce Ancho Reyes
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Garnish: lime wheel and a sprinkle of ancho powder
- Fill a shaker tin half-full with pebble ice.
- Add all ingredients and shake.
- Fill a Zombie mug half-full with pebble ice.
- Strain into the mug, and garnish with a lime wheel and a sprinkle of ancho powder.